Saturday, September 6, 2014

Read This! Blogger's Diary: My Blog Journey.


Hi! My name is Osahon or Izi, and my surname is Aimufua. I attended Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, where I graduated with a BA. Hons in English Language, Class of 2013. I am from a family of 5, 2 siblings(brothers), dad, mom, and myself. And yes, I am the last child. *coversface*

If there is anything I consider as my best hobbie in life, it is Singing/ listening to music. I mean I love music so much, that I consider it a bad habit.(i don't have a nice voice though), so don't start to imagine me singing.*tongueOut. Apart from MUSIC, I love to press my phone. Some of you have probably known that from my previous posts(another bad habit). I love to tease people just to make people laugh, but then some people take it the wrong way *Sad*. I love travelling, but my dad never allows me to. Yes, till this moment. (did someone say "as big as you are?) lol.

Oops! Sorry I am boring you with my long boring life history, but I thought it wise, to let you all of my faithful Blog readers to know me, and how my Blogging journey started. So grab a pack of popcorn, a bottle of chilled drink, sit comfortably in your seats, and pretend you are at the movies. *embarrassed*

BLOG JOURNEY.
It was on a Saturday like this in the month of June 2014, I was going through my phone, and I don't know what I touched, but I found myself somewhere that looked like Microsoft Word app. Believe you me, I was thrilled. Been that I love typing (pressing my phone), and I love to imagine things and write on them, at that moment, I felt like I should become Chimamanda Adechie, and start writing all the writables. Lol! I am not such a good writer sha.

So, I sent a message to my very good friend Cozmas. When it comes to phones, Internet issues, I always seek his advice first. He isn't just a Computer Engr, he is a very intelligent one. (Cozmas just incase you read this, don't smile too much ok?). OK, as I was saying(typing), I sent a message to him saying:

I spend 24hours on my phone daily, typing and surfing the net, and at the end of the day, I gain nothing. And I just discovered that I have M.S Word app on my phone, so I have decided to start typing down and saving those my many imaginary thoughts. Then I also asked him, what can I do online, that will be productive for me?.

He replied and said: since you like writing, why don't you create a blog, and post all your thought/ write ups there?.

*suprised* a blog? I asked him. Yes I know I am very good with the Internet, but owning a blog is something I never imagined. How do I start? Where do I start from? At this point, I was already panicking because I felt like, what would people say? First, I went to Art school, where I learnt how to draw. I gave up on that though I love it. Then I went to learn Makeup, later Bead making, and now Blogging? (jack of all trade, master of none) *whew* .

Thanks to Cozmas, soon I was already trying to create an account with wordpress. WordPress didn't work, and Cozmas said here, try blogger. OK, I tried blogger, and in less than 5mins, I saw something like Linda Ikeji's blog. Being the fact that I am an addicted fan of LIB, or I was, because these days, blogging gives me little or no time relaxing and going through the funny comments on LIB. Honestly speaking, I was terrified. First thought that came to my mind was, 'am I really going to start posting writeUps for everyone to see?, what if I am not good a writer, and people lash out at me negatively?' (oh! How I hate discouragement from people).

I love to always think that I am a very courageous person. So I asked myself, where is the courageous me? Where is that me that really doesn't care what people have to say, provided I am doing what's right, and trying to be better? Then I remembered how people insult Linda Ikeji alot, yet it doesn't break her, and I said to myself, I can do this. And this time around, I am not giving up so help me God.:p

My first posts was composed from my thoughts, and I received my greatest encouragement, when my eldest brother made a comment, and I could sense he was so proud of me :D. Before I forget! Hmmm, when I broke the news to my friends, especially the ones on my BBM contact, a lot of them were so thrilled and impressed, while some of them put fear in me by asking if I think I can really do this? And others even said "wetin you know wey you wan blog about". Lol! I just had to put on a thick skin, and there was no going back.

As time went by, I kept telling myself daily that, I am in no competition with no one, I didn't choose to blog, it just happened, and since I am good with pressing my phone, and browsing all day, I might as well see blogging that way. So, I don't have to feel depressed when I don't get people viewing my posts or even posting comments. Haaa! My friend Anne Smart, (my Lil mom, I love to call her), she was so proud of me, and have been so supportive all the way. Let me give you guyz a little secret. You see that bloggers Mum on most of my post, yes she's the
person behind it. And also my bro IY, they both gave me big campaign support :D*sorry for the digression*

Did I mention I almost deactivated my Facebook account to create another for the blog? Cozmas came to my rescue again and said

" you already have friends there, why deactivate the account? All you need to do, is share you blog links there".

OK why I actually wanted to deactivate my Facebook account, is because I wasn't active on facebook for a long while, a lot of people tried messaging me there, but I don't reply. I just got tired of Facebook. So, I felt my old facebook friends might not accept me/ the blog, so it's better I start afresh.haha! Start wetin afresh.

After Cozmas advice, I continued with my Facebook account, and started sharing my blog links on facebook. Guess what? The acceptance was amazing. I was even in church on sunday, and a friend of mine I ran into was like

hey! I see your blog links on facebook, and I love your blog, you are doing well.(for 0.5seconds, I felt I was Davido) lol. 

Did you even notice that this blog was suppose to be about me sharing my thoughts, not this amebo gist I now post? Well, this is Nigeria! When you are in Rome, you behave like a Roman, and do what Romans do. When you are in Nigeria, you behave like a Nigerian. Nobody want to read my thoughts all the time. They want to read about what is going on around. Who bought this new thing, who is fighting who on social network, who just dropped a new music etc. And you know entertainment is what's selling at the moment in Nigeria.

What thrilled me most was the day I made a post of a mother and daughter fighting over a man. Oh boy! the page view I got that day, no be here o! I was totally blown away by it. Again, I reported this
tremendous improvement to Cozmas, and he said,

"since that's what they like to read, you should start giving them such news". Then and there, I made up my mind that it was going to be strictly entertainment gossip.  

Ever since the day I started blogging, I have never felt so much love for doing something, like I feel for blogging. Yes! I know nobody knows me or my blog, (those of you probably saying 'who know you?'), but for the few people who visit this blog daily, I am so fulfilled and grateful. I am not there yet, I am not even close at all,but I don't intend to make a U turn now or even stop.

For as many of you that view this blog on a regular, my Facebook friends most especially, my BBM Fam :D, and to the rest of you, (I hope to get a wide number of twitter fans soon), I love and appreciate you all. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the growth of this blog, no matter how little it has been.

I am using this post to encourage you all, don't give up. Don't stop searching for that which you are good at. It doesn't matter how many things you have to try before you find that thing, and it doesn't matter what people have to say. The most important thing is, "Don't Stop Trying".

:D have I actually been typing? Oya sorry for your time. Let me gan post gossip news. Bye! I love you reading this post.


2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwnnn baby*tears of joy* u just made momma teary...im so proud of u and I knw one day, infact very soon....great tings start small....kisses hon #nohomo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! I am glad you were able to turn your boredom to something productive :p You are on the right part girl #youlifetimecrush.

    ReplyDelete

Please Post A Comment.

You can contact me for business, and if you have any story to share through my Email: Osahonaimufua@gmail.com.
You can also find me on Facebook: Osahon Izi Aimufua.
Follow me on Twitter: @izibels,
And get to know me personally on Instagram: @Osahonaimufua